Country in the City
Country in the City will take you from Edinburgh city centre to the valley of the city’s main river, where you will have the opportunity to view art, architecture and nature.
- The western extension of the New Town.
- The Water of Leith – “a silver thread in a ribbon of green”.
- Two of Scotland’s finest art galleries.
- The final resting place of Georgian Edinburgh’s ‘great and good’.
- The charming Dean Village.
- The thriving and eclectic village of Stockbridge.
- The world renowned Royal Botanic Gardens.
- The heart of the New Town – the largest and best preserved example of Georgian town planning in the United Kingdom.